Online Courses and Staying Safe
In our first year of delivering online courses, it is really important that we make sure everyone is staying safe online so there are some guidelines that you can read ahead of joining an online course below. If you have any specific questions about a course, you can email the contact on that course page.
Before you log in
- You have to have signed up and had your place for the course in which you wish to take part.
- Download the Zoom video chat room app and set up an account. There are lots of training videos telling you how to do this. You just need the free version.
- We suggest young people use first name only for your profile.
- Be on time in the Zoom waiting room before the start of the session – we will ‘lock’ the session a few minutes after the start to avoid interruptions.
- Tell any other people in your house you are on a Zoom meeting so they don’t disturb you.
- If you are using a computer or tablet for the session then turn off your phone
During the session - the ground rules
- Please have your video on so we can see the great work you're doing.
- Keep your screen mute unless you are speaking.
- If you want to speak indicate with your hand or thumbs up
- Be supportive and appreciative of each other.
- Everything said in the room stays in the room unless there is a safeguarding issue that will need to be addressed.
- Do not take screen shots or photos or record anything.
- You cannot privately message other individual group participants – all messages will go to everyone though you can still send private ones to a facilitator (host)
- If you want to discuss something personal on a one-to-one then send a private message to the host and we will get in touch afterwards.