In a socially distanced workshop, learn how to use a variety of carpentry tools and techniques to create your own wooden objects to take away. In these fun interactive workshops you will learn how to use power tools safely and gain a good understanding of useful DIY basics. This is a practical course that will bring in skills like measuring and planning for constructing objects.
You will get a AQA accredited certificate in woodwork and portfolio of achievement and find out about carpentry apprenticeships. You will learn about the importance of health and safety in the workshop.
What to wear or bring
Come in clothes you don't mind getting dusty
Avoid loose sleeves and sandals
Coronavirus - possible changes
In the event that the government advice changes, a local outbreak of the infection occurs or the facilitator needs to self-isolate, this course may be postponed. In addition, we may increase or decrease the number of available spaces if social distancing advice changes. Scroll down for health and safety information.
Bookings - Please sign up to the course to register your interest and we will confirm spaces shortly.
Venue: Wood that Works Workshop (it can be difficult to find so we recommend you watch the video!)
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates and times:
Monday 10 August, 1.30—4.30pm
Tuesday 11 August, 1.30—4.30pm
Wednesday 12 August, 1.30—4.30pm
Thursday 13 August, 1.30—4.30pm
Register Interest in Woodwork Course
You need to login first.Register or Login
Health, Safety and Hygiene
- Tools will be sanitised before every session and not shared
- There will be a 2m distance maintained between participants and each young person will have their own work station for the duration of the course
- The course will be limited to 10 young people - we would normally cater for 12
- Everyone will be asked to wash their hands or use the provided hand sanitiser before entering the room and after using the facilities
- Face coverings are optional as social distancing will be maintained at all times
- Participants will be temperatured checked on arrival
- There will be an option to work in an outdoor setting
- For more information at the safety measures in place visit Wood that Works Workshop page