Discover Kayaking 2
This five day course for beginners helps you develop practical skils for a fun and safe time on the water. Everyone will learn how to choose and effectively use equipment and to progress to making their own choices with a Discover Award helping you to become a proficient independent paddler. This course is working towards three nationally recognised qualifications with British Canoeing.
Attendance at morning sessions from 9-12.30pm is essential to complete the course. Afternoon youth group session are bookable directly through Islington Boat Club from 1.30-4.30pm, these are optional but recommended to increase confidence.
A good level of water confidence is essential. Lifejackets will be worn at all times. All boating equipment will be provided.
What to wear or bring
Arrive in what you are going to water on the water - something old and comfortable that you don't mind getting wet
Bring a full change of clothes and footwear (incase you get wet)
Bring suncream and a hat
All participants of in-person courses will receive a free packed lunch from Lunch Bunch. You are also welcome to bring your own if you prefer. There are vegan, halal and GF options available. Please contact the course organiser if you have any specific dietary requirements.
Coronavirus - possible changes
In the event that the government advice changes, a local outbreak of the infection occurs or the coach needs to self-isolate, this course will be cancelled or postponed. In addition, we may increase the number of available spaces if social distancing advice changes. Scroll down for health and safety information.
Bookings - Please sign up to register your interest.
Venue: Islington Boat Club
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates and times:
Monday 10 August, 9.30am—12.30pm
Tuesday 11 August, 9.30am—12.30pm
Wednesday 12 August, 9.30am—12.30pm
Thursday 13 August, 9.30am—12.30pm
Friday 14 August, 9.30am—12.30pm
Register Interest in Discover Kayaking 2
You need to login first.Register or Login
Health, Safety and Hygiene
- The kayaks and paddles will be cleaned before every session.
- Groups will be allocated boats, paddles and buoyancy aids to be used for the duration of the course and kept in designated distanced areas.
- There will be a 2m space maintained between kayaks at all times
- The course will be limited to 5 young people with one coach - we would normally cater for 12
- Everyone will be asked to wash their hands or use the provided hand sanitiser before and after using the facilities
- Face coverings are optional as social distancing will be maintained at all times
- For more information at the safety measures in place visit Islington Boat Club page