It's not only books! From movies to Netflix to Instagram, we are surrounded by stories. In these sessions we will learn how to write our own tales and how important it is to tap into the narratives that exist all around us. We work on developing short stories that will be used in our film and our 2021 theatre show.
The session will be fun and practical. No experience is needed and these sessions will work with all ability levels.
So whether you have written creatively before or someone who wants to learn new skills this is the course for you.
What to wear or bring
Paper and pens.
Any refreshments or snacks to have during breaks.
This is part of the Carnival and Video Project
Coronavirus - possible changes
In the event that the government advice changes, a local outbreak of the infection occurs or the faciliator needs to self-isolate, this course will be moved on-line. In addition, we may increase or decrease the number of available spaces if social distancing advice changes. Scroll down for health and safety information.
Bookings - In line with current government guidance, this course may be postponed, moved to an outside venue or moved online. Please sign up to the course to register your interest and you will be informed about any changes as soon as possible.
Venue: Lift Youth Hub
More info: email@example.com
Dates and times:
Monday 20 July, 3—4pm
Monday 27 July, 3—4pm
Monday 3 August, 3—4pm
Monday 10 August, 3—4pm
Monday 17 August, 3—4pm
Register Interest in Creative Writing
You need to login first.Register or Login
Health, Safety and Hygiene
- The room thoroughly cleaned before every session
- Each person will have their own work station and there will be 2m between stations
- Each person will have their own brand new tools/paints to work with that will come packaged. They will put their materials in a labelled bag and place it in our resource space where it will remain untouched until they collect for the following session
- Each person will only use the brand new body paints or make up on themselves - arms or face using small personalised mirrors
- We will also have a pack of wipes and body paint removal tools for each student so they don't have to share any equipment whatsoever
- The course will be limited to 12 young people - in a space that can normally hold over 30 people
- Everyone will be asked to wash their hands or use the provided hand sanitiser before entering the room and after using the facilities
- Face coverings are optional as social distancing will be maintained at all times
- For control measures for the whole building see Lift Youth Hub