Costume Making For Beginners
Making costumes and accessories for a video production. We will be focusing on design, patterns, sewing, customizing and painting on garments. This session is designed for beginners but all levels of experience are welcomed. This is a great opportunity to work behind the scenes and be a part of an incredible performance.
What to wear or bring
Comfortable clothing that you don’t mind accidently getting a little bit of water-based paint on.
Any refreshments or snacks to have during breaks.
This is part of the Re-ROOT Carnival and Video Project
Coronavirus - possible changes
In the event that the government advice changes, a local outbreak of the infection occurs or the faciliator needs to self-isolate, this course will be moved on-line. In addition, we may increase or decrease the number of available spaces if social distancing advice changes. Scroll down for health and safety information.
Bookings - In line with current government guidance, this course may be postponed, moved to an outside venue or moved online. Please sign up to the course to register your interest and you will be informed about any changes as soon as possible.
Venue: Lift Youth Hub
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates and times:
Monday 20 July, 12—1pm
Monday 27 July, 12—1pm
Monday 3 August, 12—1pm
Monday 10 August, 12—1pm
Monday 17 August, 12—1pm
Register Interest in Costume Making For Beginners
You need to login first.Register or Login
Health, Safety and Hygiene
- The room and workstations will be thoroughly cleaned before every session
- There will be a 2m distance between workstations
- The course will be limited to 12 young people - in a space that can normally hold over 30 people
- Each person will have their own brand new tools to work with that will come packaged. They will put their materials in a labelled bag and place it in our resource space where it will remain untouched until they collect for the following session.
- Everyone will be asked to wash their hands or use the provided hand sanitiser before entering the room and after using the facilities
- Face coverings are optional as social distancing will be maintained at all times
- For control measures for the whole building see Lift Youth Hub