Boat Club Taster Days
These taster sessions are for beginners and will introduce you to the Islington Boast Club and the activities we offer. There will be a chance find out what it is like to be in a kayak and play some fun games on the water.
A good level of water confidence is helpful. Lifejackets will be worn at all times. All boating equipment will be provided.
What to wear or bring
Arrive in what you are going to water on the water - something old and comfortable that you don't mind getting wet
Bring a full change of clothes and footwear (incase you get wet)
Bring a packed lunch, suncream and a hat
Coronavirus - possible changes
In the event that the government advice changes, a local outbreak of the infection occurs or the coach needs to self-isolate, this course will be cancelled or postponed. In addition, we may increase the number of available spaces if social distancing advice changes. Scroll down for health and safety information.
Bookings - Please sign up to register your interest. You can only book on one taster session. If the one you want is full we will try and fit you in on another one.
Venue: Islington Boat Club
More info: email@example.com
Dates and times:
Monday 20 July, 9.30am—12.30pm
Tuesday 21 July, 9.30am—12.30pm
Wednesday 22 July, 9.30am—12.30pm
Thursday 23 July, 9.30am—12.30pm
Friday 24 July, 9.30am—12.30pm
Register Interest in Boat Club Taster Days
You need to login first.Register or Login
Health, Safety and Hygiene
- Boats and paddles will be cleaned before every session.
- Groups will be allocated boats, paddles and buoyancy aids to be used for the duration of the session.
- The session will be limited to 5 young people with one coach x 2 distinct groups
- There will be a 2m distance maintained at all times
- Everyone will be asked to wash their hands or use the provided hand sanitiser before entering the room and after using the facilities
- Face coverings are optional as social distancing will be maintained at all times
- For more information at the safety measures in place visit Islington Boat Club page