Bicycle Maintenance 3
This project is run over five days and teaches young people the basics in bicycle maintenance. At our workshops, you will learn how to take bicycles apart, repair them, and put them back together again. This includes tasks such as repairing punctures, replacing brake and gear cables, assembling wheels, seat tubes and more. The workshop also includes training on how to make sure a bicycle is safe and fit for purpose.
Everyone will learn useful real-world skills and hopefully it will boost your confidence when you master a new and practical skill in just five days.
Effort and good participation will be recognised and rewarded. All participants have the chance to keep the bike they’ve been working on for free. Bicycles will be given to all participants that show enthusiasm and a positive attitude during the project.
What to wear
Participants should wear clothes that they don’t mind getting dirty.
Coronavirus - possible changes
In the event that the government advice changes, a local outbreak of the infection occurs or the facilitator needs to self-isolate, this course will be postponed or cancelled. In addition, we may increase or decrease the number of available spaces if social distancing advice changes. Scroll down for more information on safety.
Bookings - Please sign up to register your interest.
This course is now full and you are no longer able to register your interest
Venue: Lift Youth Hub and outdoors
More information: email email@example.com
Or call: 07887 414495
Monday 17 August, 4—6pm
Tuesday 18 August, 4—6pm
Wednesday 19 August, 4—6pm
Thursday 20 August, 4—6pm
Friday 21 August, 4—6pm
Health, Safety and Hygiene
- The equipment will be thoroughly cleaned before every session
- There will be a 2m space between the bike stands / participants
- The course will be limited to 10 young people outdoors working in separate groups
- There will be three members of staff
- Everyone will be asked to wash their hands or use the provided hand sanitiser
- Gloves will be provided
- Individual tools will be allocated to each person for duration of the sessions
- Face coverings are optional as social distancing will be maintained at all times