Bicycle Maintenance 1
This project is run over five days and teaches young people the basics in bicycle maintenance. At our workshops, you will learn how to take bicycles apart, repair them, and put them back together again. This includes tasks such as repairing punctures, replacing brake and gear cables, assembling wheels, seat tubes and more. The workshop also includes training on how to make sure a bicycle is safe and fit for purpose.
Everyone will learn useful real-world skills and hopefully it will boost your confidence when you master a new and practical skill in just five days.
Effort and good participation will be recognised and rewarded. All participants have the chance to keep the bike they’ve been working on for free. Bicycles will be given to all participants that show enthusiasm and a positive attitude during the project.
This course will be in the green outside Platform - or in the basement space - depending on the weather.
What to wear
Participants should wear clothes that they don’t mind getting dirty.
Coronavirus - possible changes
In the event that the government advice changes, a local outbreak of the infection occurs or the facilitator needs to self-isolate, this course will be postponed or cancelled. In addition, we may increase or decrease the number of available spaces if social distancing advice changes. Scroll down for more information on safety.
Bookings - In line with current government guidance, this course may moved to another venue. Please sign up to the course to register your interest and you will be informed about any changes as soon as possible.
Venue: Platform Youth Hub and outdoors
More information: email email@example.com
Or call: 07887 414495
Monday 20 July, 4—6pm
Tuesday 21 July, 4—6pm
Wednesday 22 July, 4—6pm
Thursday 23 July, 4—6pm
Friday 24 July, 4—6pm
Register Interest in Bicycle Maintenance 1
You need to login first.Register or Login
Health, Safety and Hygiene
- The space will be thoroughly cleaned before every session
- There will be a 2m distance between the bike stands / participants
- The course will be limited to 10 young people working in separate groups
- There will be 3 members of staff
- Everyone will be asked to wash their hands or use the provided hand sanitiser before entering the room and after using the facilities
- Gloves will be provided
- Individual tools will be allocated to each person for duration of the sessions
- Face coverings are optional as social distancing will be maintained at all times
- For a fully detailed building risk assessment visit Platform Youth Hub