Become A Living Canvas
The art of body painting and creative makeup is used as a form of self-expression and storytelling. In this session you will learn the art form of body art, you will work with paints, body pens, stencils, brushes, sponges, glitter and other mediums to create a design on yourself that expresses who you are as a unique individual this creation will also be captured and weaved into our visual art film Re-Root.
The session will be fun and practical using lots of colourful supplies. No experience is needed and this session works with all ability levels.
What to wear or bring
Short sleeves or sleeves that can roll up easily.
Clothes that you don’t mind accidently getting a little bit of water-based paint on.
Any refreshments or snacks to have during breaks.
This is part of the Re-ROOT Carnival and Video Project
Coronavirus - possible changes
In the event that the government advice changes, a local outbreak of the infection occurs or the faciliator needs to self-isolate, this course will be moved on-line. In addition, we may increase or decrease the number of available spaces if social distancing advice changes. Scroll down for health and safety information.
Bookings - In line with current government guidance, this course may be postponed, moved to an outside venue or moved online. Please sign up to the course to register your interest and you will be informed about any changes as soon as possible.
Venue: Lift Youth Hub
More info: email@example.com
Dates and times:
Friday 24 July, 11.30am—1pm
Friday 31 July, 11.30am—1pm
Friday 7 August, 11.30am—1pm
Friday 14 August, 11.30am—1pm
Friday 21 August, 11.30am—1pm
Register Interest in Become A Living Canvas
You need to login first.Register or Login
Health, Safety and Hygiene
- The room thoroughly cleaned before every session
- Each person will have their own work station and there will be 2m between stations
- Each person will have their own brand new tools/paints to work with that will come packaged. They will put their materials in a labelled bag and place it in our resource space where it will remain untouched until they collect for the following session.
- Each peson will only use the brand new body paints or make up on themselves - arms or face using small personalised mirrors.
- We will also have a pack of wipes and body paint removal tools for each student so they don't have to share any equipment whatsoever.
- The course will be limited to 12 young people - in a space that can normally hold over 30 people
- Everyone will be asked to wash their hands or use the provided hand sanitiser before entering the room
- Face coverings are optional as social distancing will be maintained at all times
- For control measures for the whole buidling see Lift Youth Hub