Become A Confident Cyclist
Sign up to this course to become a confident road cyclist able to ride around the city to travel to work, shop or for leisure. You will take part in 4 cycle training days with qualified instructors and the last day is a group ride with over 30 other young people that explores central London and offers a chance to use some of the new cycling routes.
At the end of the course you will gain a National Standards cycling certificate. Note: the course is not for complete beginners. If you can not ride a bike at all, this course is not for you.
- Courses will be run at 2 different venues at the same time
- When you are accepted on to a course, check your confirmation email for the venue you have been allocated
- There are 2 courses, the morning course for 13-17 year olds, running from 10am - 12noon, and the afternoon course for 18-24 year olds, running from 1pm - 3pm, please make sure you book for the correct course or you will not be allowed to attend.
What you need to bring:
- Bikes are required. A bike can be supplied if participants do not have their own. Make sure you contact the activity organiser in advance to let them know.
- Helmets are not required or supplied. Should participants wish to wear one, you will need to bring their own.
- Clothes that are comfortable and easy to move in
- A hat, suncream and any other hot weather protection.
- A bottle for water.